Judge to consider closing documents in Ethan Stacy murder trial | Crime
A judge will hear arguments on a request to seal legal papers and upcoming court hearings in the trial of Nathan and Stephanie Sloop.
The two are accused of abusing Ethan Stacy so badly he died, and court records obtained by Fox 13 suggests that the documents that have been requested to be closed may have to do with medical records involving Stacy, though no official statements on the contents of those papers have been made.
Lawyers for the news media are pushing to keep the hearings and papers open, and a judge will hear arguments from both sides in a Bountiful courtroom Thursday.
The Sloops--Ethan's mother and step-father--could potentially get the death penalty if convicted.
Upcoming Events near North Davis
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Schools in Ogden performing better after intervention
- Ogden man accused of sexually exploiting teen boys indicted, will face trial
- Man arrested in connection with lewdness case in U.S. on student visa
- Utah chariot racers take to the track for state championship
- Police, school officials urge caution after student reports of man performing lewd act