Judge to consider closing documents in Ethan Stacy murder trial | Crime
A judge will hear arguments on a request to seal legal papers and upcoming court hearings in the trial of Nathan and Stephanie Sloop.
The two are accused of abusing Ethan Stacy so badly he died, and court records obtained by Fox 13 suggests that the documents that have been requested to be closed may have to do with medical records involving Stacy, though no official statements on the contents of those papers have been made.
Lawyers for the news media are pushing to keep the hearings and papers open, and a judge will hear arguments from both sides in a Bountiful courtroom Thursday.
The Sloops--Ethan's mother and step-father--could potentially get the death penalty if convicted.
Upcoming Events near North Davis
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Real Salt Lake falls short in 2013 MLS Cup championship
- Report predicts Salt Lake City will have hottest housing market in U.S.
- Funds left over from John Swallow’s campaign could be used for legal fees
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- University of Utah resolves natural gas issue